Wednesday , October 26 2016
Home / Local / When words spread of fire in N Block, Abul Fazal

When words spread of fire in N Block, Abul Fazal

It was on Saturday evening when words spread in Okhla about a building catching fire in N Block of Abul Fazal Enclave in Jamia Nagar of Okhla.

The fire came just a day after a blaze had gutted a few godowns in Kanchan Kunj in Okhla due to short circuit.

It was understood that fire brigade arrived on the spot and doused the blaze. “Yes, a few hours ago a house at N Block caught fire. No causalities took place as residents informed fire brigade that turned up on time to douse the fire. The main reason for fire was short circuit,” said Jawed Iqbal Khan, Okhla resident.

As temperature soars, Delhi has witnessed a few incidents of fire. Recently an inferno in a landfill had solicited remarks from the Delhi Government with Gopal Rai saying that it’s was being purposefully being done to sabotage odd-even scheme being implemented from April 15 for fifteen days to curb pollution. However, a committee report pointed out that the reason for fire was methane in the landfill and unknown human error.

A few months ago a fire had broken at Shaheen Bagh in which a godown was gutted. Then also timely intervention had helped the fire to douse.

If you have news tip or story idea, photo or video please email at to strengthen local governance and community journalism. Also you can join us and become a source for OT to help us empower the marginalized through digital inclusion.

Check Also

Mushaira sans Kejriwal a huge hit; Okhla MLA takes selfie

A Mushaira organsied in memory of freedom fighter Ashfaqulla Khanat Jamia Millia Islamia by Okhla …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Powered by