This is good news for Delhi residents. After the Arvind Kejriwal Government tied up with 48 top private hospitals of the national Capital, poor residents can avail 52 free surgeries in them provided they fulfil a few things.
First of all the patients have to be referred by the Delhi Government hospitals and secondly, they have to be bonafide residents of the city, providing a proof of identity including adhaar card, passport, driving licence, ration card and in some case a birth certificate also to avail this service.
But hold on before rushing to any conclusion, patients need to make sure that they can only avail these facilities when the Government hospital they are undergoing treatment is not able to conduct the surgery on time. Moreover, the other rider is that the waiting period for the surgery has to be a month. In such a situation the doctor is free to refer the patient to private hospitals.
Medanta, The Medicity, Max Super Speciality Hospital- Shalimar Bagh and other healthcare chains, including the Park Hospitals, Metro Hospitals, Kailash Hospital, Bhagwati Hospital, Saroj Hospital, Asian, Yashoda Hospitals and Maharaja Agrasen Hospital are the top hospitals where the facilities could be availed, according to reports.
List of 30 surgeries are: (source HT)
1. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
2. Thyroid surgery
4. Stapled Haemorrhoidectomy
5. Haemorrhoidectomy + Fissurectomy
7. Fistula High End
8. Fistula Low End
9. Appendectomy (Laparoscopic)
10. Excision of Pilonidal Sinus With Flap Cover
11. Excision of Pilonidal Sinus with Primary Closure
12. Thyroidectomy (Total/Subtotal)
13. Breast Lumpectomy
14. Cataract with IOL with Tension Rings: Cataract removal surgery
19. Nasal Polyps/Sinusitis (Fess)
20. Nasal Polyps/Sinusitis (Fess) – Bilateral
21. Cortical Mastoidectomy with Myringoplasty
22. Peritonsillar Abscess Drainage
23. Septoplasty + Turbinoplasty/Conchaplasty
24. Myringotomy with Grommet Insertion
25. CABG: Heart bypass
26. PCNL – Unilateral
27. PCNL – Bilateral
28. Cystoscopy (therapeutic)
29. Prostate (TURP)
30. Kidney stone removal