Saturday , January 20 2018
Home / Local / Momos in news once again for wrong reason

Momos in news once again for wrong reason

If a few months ago reports had surfaced about selling of many eateries in the cantonment area of Delhi being shut down after complaint of dog meat being mixed in chicken momos and being sold to the public, fresh report has surfaced in which it has been reported that around 25 people fell ill after eating momos from a shop in south Delhi’s Rajpur Khurd village.

Two children have been reported to be critical and they have been admitted in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Fortis hospital, Vasant Kunj. It has been reported that the children fell sick after consuming momos last Friday. Police came to know about the incident tomorrow when they were approached. Following which an FIR has been registered at the Mehrauli police station in South Delhi against the owner of an eatery.

The official said as reported by PTI: “Two men approached police with medical certificates claiming to have fallen ill after eating momos from a particular eatery. Six more people have approached us with same allegations.”

“Two brothers aged 10 and 13 have been admitted to Fortis Vasant Kunj. Both are in ICU,” a senior official of the hospital said on the condition of anonymity.

“Doctors say they had eaten something contaminated,” the official said. However, till the filing of the report, it could not be ascertained by the officials that if the infection was due to eating momos or by ingesting something else.

If you have news tip or story idea, photo or video please email at to strengthen local governance and community journalism. Also you can join us and become a source for OT to help us empower the marginalized through digital inclusion.

Check Also


Imam of a Shaheen Bagh mosque suffers heart attack

Imam of Shaheen Bagh Jama Masjid suffered heart attack on Wednesday late night and was …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Powered by