JEAA board asked to clarify on conclave, its functioning
OT, 0 IST
First of all, please accept my appreciation and congratulations for organizing an Engineering Conclave on December 24 and 25th 2010. Due to some personnel commitments I was not able to attend. Based on the input from some of the friends who attended the conclave (and also based on the photographs of the conclave), I would request you to please clarify on the following points.
1. How was the guests/invitation list finalized?
2. How many of Jamia employees attended?
3. Is it true that almost half of the attendees were filled in by either Jamia employees including officials from engineering faculty or personnel guests of the organizers?
4. If the answer to the above is “yes”, how it happened? JEAA conclave was always declared as an Engineering meet and not as a fusion of ex-students and current officials. I am not against the invitation to Jamia officials but it need to be projected in the invitation. Normally alumni attend such functions to meet old friends and other students and not officials, Please clarify on this lapse on your part.
5. How come the attendees of alumni were very poor on second day, even though it was organized in campus? Everyone knows that Okhla have a good presence of former students of engineering and others.
6. Do you have a charter? If yes, please forward us for information to know how JEAA works. If you do not forward it, I will assume that you do not have one and the show is being run as per dictates of some of office bearers. How the convener of JEAA was selected: By nomination or by voting? How a person under pay roll of Jamia can be nominated a convener of Jamia Alumni? Is it part of your charter or you just decided it by a decree? Were you unable to find any senior Jamiate to become a Convener?
7. How much amount was received from sponsors? I understand it was a program well sponsored. Is it true that some amount of this was paid to an external agency for forwarding the invitation to the Jamia Alumni?
8. How the sponsored amount was spent? Do you have a record of it or was this free for all, for some of the special organizers?
9. How much is balance amount with you from the sponsored amount? Please clarify how you have planned to spend it for Jamia Alumni.
10. Some of the Alumni have flown from different places to attend this conclave. After the conclave, they raised certain questions, which were never answered from you rather some allegations and accusations were put against them. Is it the way to represent your Alumni? There is long debate going on Facebook against the working style of JEAA and no one from you deem it fit to clarify them. Why? Some attempts were made to divert the attention from JEAA to JOBA. JOBA president came on FB and clarified, but you never bothered to clarify to Alumni regarding your conduct. Why?
You need to appreciate and understand that in order to represent Alumni, you have to be answerable to them. Please clarify the above points, if you really mean to represent Engineering Alumni in particular and Jamiates in general. I am waiting for your detailed answers on above points.
(Asif is a senior Structural Engineer at Petrofac International Ltd, Sharjah, UAE and lives in Sharjah with his family. He read BE at Jamia Millia Islamia in 1994. This post was sent by him.)
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in the post are of the writer and do not necessarily reflect those of the OKhla Times
Post a comment