Tuesday , August 22 2017
Home / Local / 4-year-old Ayan dies of electrocution from water cooler in Noor Nagar

4-year-old Ayan dies of electrocution from water cooler in Noor Nagar

4-year-old Ayan dies of electrocution from water cooler in Noor Nagar.

A 4-year-old boy died of electrocution from water cooler in Noor Nagar today, according to a reliable source with a complaint being filed against the neighbour.

ok

The incident that took place around 9 am in the area has left residents shocked.
The official said the boy was playing outside his jhuggi number 110 and went towards neighbourhood where a resident was running open water cooler. The boy most probably touched the wire and was electrocuted, said the source, adding that he died.

Son of Md Kaleem, resident of Noor Nagar second pahari, the post-mortem examination of the body is to be done tomorrow to ascertain the cause of death, said the source.

This is not the first incident in the locality.

A few years ago, residents still remember how a toddler had died of electrocution in Abul Fazal Enclave from open water cooler. Then the boy was rushed to a private hospital where doctors failed to resuscitate him.

As summer peaks in India, many people in Okhla and other parts of the country don’t take precautionary measures and run open water cooler.

Moreover, residents lamented that parents too are to be blamed for not looking after their children.

If you have news tip or story idea, photo or video please email at greenokhla@gmail.com to strengthen local governance and community journalism. Also you can join us and become a source for OT to help us empower the marginalized through digital inclusion.

Check Also

aviationacademy

Video: Aviation academy at your doorstep! Here is life-time opportunity to take flying leap into air

A first of its kind aviation academy in Okhla, Alber Aviation Academy, was inaugurated in …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

code

Powered by moviekillers.com