Though the incident of a three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine on Saturday didn’t happen in Okhla, it is important that parents should learn a lesson of not leaving their children alone in house.
Reports have surfaced a few hours ago that two three-year-old brothers, playing in Avantika Apartments in Sector 1, were killed after falling in a washing machine in outer in Rohini when their mother had just gone out to buy detergent.
Police report suggests that after filling the top-loading machine for laundry filled with water, the mother went out to buy detergent and other household items. She didn’t stay for long as her return to home after six minutes was too late as she was perplexed not to find the children in the house.
And as she started looking for them, she saw them floating in the washing machine. After taking them out, she rushed to a nearby hospital but all in vain as the children could not be saved.
The bodies have been sent to post-mortem to know the exact cause of death.
The news left many residents in Okhla shocked. A few months ago, a report had surfaced in the locality of a toddler falling down from the terrace as he went scrawling on it.